Draft EIR & Notice of Availability and Public Comment Opportunity
Public participation is an essential part of the CEQA process. UC Davis has released for public review the Draft EIR for the UC Davis Sacramento Campus California Hospital Tower Project as stated in the Notice of Availability (NOA) for a 45-day review period.
Where to Review the Draft EIR
The Draft EIR is available for review at the following locations:
Online: https://environmentalplanning.ucdavis.edu/california-tower. Please see below for links to the Draft EIR chapters.
Public Review Copies:
- UC Davis Health Center, Facilities Design and Construction, 4800 Second Avenue, Suite 3010, Sacramento, CA 958178.
- UC Davis Office of Environmental Stewardship and Sustainability, 436 Mrak Hall on the UC Davis campus, Davis, CA 95616.
- Reserves at Shields Library on the UC Davis campus, Davis, CA 95616.
- Colonial Heights Library, 4799 Stockton Blvd, Sacramento, 95820
*Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the locations listed above may have limited capacity or hours of operation. If you encounter difficulties accessing a physical copy of the Draft EIR, please contact Matt Dulcich at email@example.com.
Draft EIR Public Review and Comment Period
The 45-day public review period for the Draft EIR begins on Friday, July 23, 2021 and ends on Monday, September 6, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
The purpose of the public review period is to provide the public an opportunity to review and comment on the California Hospital Tower Project Draft EIR. Please send your written or electronic responses, with contact information for your agency or yourself, to the following address:
Matt Dulcich, AICP
Director of Environmental Planning
Campus Planning and Environmental Stewardship
University of California, One Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616
Public and agency comments must be received no later than 5:00 PM on September 6, 2021.
Draft EIR Public Hearing
UC Davis will also conduct a virtual public hearing during the public comment period. The hearing objective is to provide a verbal comment opportunity for the public on the environmental impact details of the proposed project. The public hearing will be on August 10, 2021, beginning at 5:00 p.m. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the hearing will be conducted via Zoom, an online video conferencing service. If you are interested in attending, please register in advance. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
The public hearing is scheduled for the following date and time:
- Tuesday, August 10, 2021 starting at 5:00 p.m. online via Zoom webinar.
- Register in advance for this Zoom webinar: https://ucdavis.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_UwAb5EKOSjepO_MuivaPEA
- Title Page
- Executive Summary
- 1 INTRODUCTION
- 2 PROJECT DESCRIPTION
- 3 EXISTING ENVIRONMENTAL SETTING, IMPACTS, AND MITIGATION
- 3.0 Introduction to the Analysis
- 3.1 Aesthetics
- 3.2 Air Quality
- 3.3 Biological Resources
- 3.4 Archaeological, Historical, and Tribal Cultural Resources
- 3.5 Energy
- 3.6 Geology, Soils, and Seismicity
- 3.7 Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- 3.8 Hazards and Hazardous Materials
- 3.9 Hydrology and Water Quality
- 3.10 Land Use and Planning
- 3.11 Noise
- 3.12 Population and Housing
- 3.13 Public Services
- 3.14 Recreation
- 3.15 Transportation & Circulation
- 3.16 Utilities and Service Systems
- 4 CUMULATIVE IMPACTS
- 5 OTHER CEQA CONSIDERATIONS
- 6 ALTERNATIVES
- 7 PREPARERS & PERSONS CONSULTED
- 8 REFERENCES CITED
- 9 ACRONYMS AND ABBREVIATIONS
Please visit the prior scoping period overview and Notice of Preparation webpage for details regarding the February 2021 start of the CEQA effort for the California Tower.
CEQA EIR Process - Upcoming
- Distribute Notice of Preparation – 26 February 2021
- Scoping Meetings – 17 March 2021
- Prepare Draft EIR - July 23, 2021
- Public Review of Draft EIR – July 23 to September 6, 2021
- Public Hearing on Draft EIR – August 10, 2021 at 5pm
- Prepare Final EIR with responses to comments
- Regental Decision – TBD
- Filed Notice of Determination – TBD